What is ethical printing?
The commercial print process today is not always as ethical or as environmentally friendly as it should be. At Paddle Print we set out from the very beginning to be as kind to our planet as possible. After all, it is the place we call home.
Whether you are an individual, small business or a large corporation, you can choose to print in an ethical way to reduce the impact on the environment around us. Fortunately, in 2020, there are lots of ways to get stunning prints while saving the planet in the process.
The steps we take to ensure we print ethically and sustainably:
- Every single one of our paper stocks are from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), certified suppliers. FSC is an international organisation dedicated to improving the management of the world’s forests.
- We only work with suppliers that are certified at the highest environmental management standards. This ensures that we only source materials from responsible companies.
- Waste is managed responsibly. We work with a variety of waste management suppliers and will only work with companies that are as responsible as us for their waste. On average 97% of waste is recycled.
- Our packaging is primarily made up of recycled materials and can be recycled or used again.
- We do not print overseas and transport across the globe.
- We use plant-based inks that give off the same vivid colours as older petrol-based inks.
- We give back to the community by offering increased discounts for community groups, social enterprises, and charities.
We are not claiming to be perfect, but we have implemented steps to ensure we can be as ethical and sustainable as possible.